Global Teacher Prize finalist Stephen Ritz, a teacher in NYC's South Bronx, gave a brilliant TEDx Manhattan talk! Stephen is using horticulture in his classroom to not only teach biology and science. He is using it to help cultivate nurturing and conscious adults. In his talk Stephen [...]
Azizullah Royesh wrote an article as a part of a Huffington Post Blog series centered around the finalists from the Global Teacher Prize. Aziz's story is that of a refugee turned educator. He has experienced fighting for an education as a refugee in Pakistan and then upon returning to [...]
Madenjit Singh wrote an article as a part of a Huffington Post Blog series centered around the finalists from the Global Teacher Prize. Madenjit's story is unique and inspiring. Coming from poverty and having to drop out of school himself, Madenjit decided to be an advocate for poor children [...]
Applications for the 2015 Prize are now closed.
Applicants of the prestigious Global Teacher Prize will be judged based on a rigorous set of criteria aimed to identify an extraordinary teacher who has made an outstanding contribution to the profession. The Academy will look for evidence of:
- Recognition of a teacher's achievements in the classroom and beyond from pupils, colleagues, head-teachers or members of the wider community.
- Preparing children to be global citizens in a world where they will encounter people from many different religions, cultures and nationalities.
- Employing innovative and effective instructional practices and achieving demonstrable student learning outcomes in the classroom.
- Developing and sharing innovative thought leadership that has improved access to quality teaching and education for children of all backgrounds.
- Contributing to public debates on raising the bar of the teaching profession, whether through writing articles, blogs, media participation, social media campaigns, events or conferences.
- Accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide unique and distinguished models of excellence for the teaching profession.
- Encouraging others to join the teaching profession.
THE GLOBAL TEACHER PRIZE ACADEMY
Applications will be judged by the Global Teacher Prize Academy
The winner will be chosen by the prominent Global Teacher Prize Academy made up of head-teachers, educational experts, commentators, journalists, public officials, tech entrepreneurs, company directors and scientists from around the world.
The Global Teacher Prize is brought to you by Varkey Foundation.
To learn more about Varkey Foundation, please visit www.varkeyfoundation.org